• Ensures that engineering personnel conduct all work in accordance with site and company safety procedures and regulations.
• Ensures that all containers handling equipment is maintained to the highest possible standards in accordance with manufacturers recommendations, and that equipment availability is maintained at an optimum level.
• Implements and continually develops all necessary maintenance programs, systems and procedures to enable the department to function effectively.
• Liaise closely with operations superintendents and terminal manager to ensure minimum disruption to the operation
• Collates all relevant information necessary to compile regular comprehensive reports for the terminal manager and GEM, highlighting areas of concern where necessary.
• Oversees the use of company CMMS on shift ensuring agreed procedures are followed
• Performs other duties as required.
• Ensures that all health and safety protocols are enforced and observed in all Company’s activities in order to protect the employees and the public.
• Complies with all applicable laws and relevant industry standards of practice and commits to the continuous improvement of HSE management practices.
• Provides strong visible commitment, leadership and personal involvement in health, safety and the environment and makes available the resources necessary to achieve our HSE objectives.
• Oversees and coordinates procurement activities to ensure appropriate stock levels are monitored and maintained.
Industry Type :
Functional Area :